- Looking Out, Up and AwayCurator Gabriel de Guzman, Wave Hill, Bronx, NY
- Fractured LandscapesCurator Fridey Mickel, Life Bomb, Berlin, Germany
- Bronx Calling: The 4th Annual AIM Biennial Curators Aylet Ojeda Jequín, Christine Licata and Heather Reyes, Bronx Museum of the Arts, Bronx, NY
- Call and Response Curator Gabriel de Guzman, Wave Hill, Bronx, NY
- An Other Land (with Matthew Jensen) Prosjekstrom Normanns, Stavanger, Norway
- Black Manifold Curators Avantika Bawa and Greg Minissale, Schneider Museum of Art, Portland, OR
- Cleaning a Glacial Pothole (with Matthew Jensen) 3rd Streaming, New York, NY
- Black Manifold Curators Avantika Bawa and Greg Minissale, Disjecta, Portland, OR
- The Forest of the FutureCurator Quito Ziegler, 67 West, Brooklyn, NY
- S(B)BJ/WWSD Heinz Studio, Peterborough, NH
- A Window Through Time Red Wing Depot, Red Wing, MN
- #Occupy Bat Signal Verizon Building Facade, New York, NY
- Chain Letter Curator Mike Calway-Fagen, Shoshana Wayne Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
- Fractured Landscapes Curator Kelsey Hammond, Craft Studio Gallery, Columbia, MO
- Digital Graffiti Festival Alys Beach, FL
- The Blithedale Romance Curator Veronica Kavass, 217 Gallery, New York, NY
- Dystopia FilterCurator Stephen Holding, Section 440, Brooklyn, NY
- Stand Here and Listen Curator Matthew Jensen, The James Hotel, New York, NY
- Future 86 Curators Suzanne Wright, Sharon Molloy and Veronica Kavass, Catskills Studios, Liberty, NY
- ArcheTime Exhibition Curator Olga Ast, The Tank Space, New York, NY
- Public Ad Campaign Billboard on North 7th and Bedford, Brooklyn, NY
- Open Ground Fountain Art Fair, Miami, FL
- Open Ground EAST Nuevo Estilo Unisex, Brooklyn, NY
- Impossibly Familiar Curator Christina Bolya, Art Gotham, New York, NY
- Time's Up! Protest Space, New York, NY
- Artworld Digest Curator David Cohen, Rare Gallery, New York, NY
- Repeat After Me Curators Sarah Nicole Phillips and Carla Aspenberg, Flux Factory, Queens, NY
- Pattern Making Curator Radek Szczesny, Maiden, Brooklyn, NY
- Utopia: Making the Impossible Real Fun House, Brooklyn, NY
- Peninsula School Alumni Art Show Peninsula School, Menlo Park, CA
- New Yorker Künstler Kommen in Den Wedding Curator Fridey Mickel, Galerie Scherer8, Berlin, Germany
- See Something / Say Something Curator Michael Rippens, Lefferts Space, Brooklyn, NY
- Surfeit: An Exercise in Moderate Excess Zone: Chelsea, New York, NY
- See Also: Open Ground, Brooklyn, NY
- Williamsburg Arts Festival 250 Grand, Brooklyn, NY
- Open Season Open Ground, Brooklyn, NY
- Ucross, Ucross, WY, 2016
- I-Park, East Haddam, CT, 2016
- Wave Hill Winter Workspace, Bronx, NY, 2014
- The MacDowell Colony, Peterborough, NH, 2012-2013
- The Anderson Center at Tower View, Red Wing, MN, 2012
- Chashama North, Pine Plains, NY, 2010
- The Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts, Ithaca, NY, 2007
- The Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT, 2005
Presentations & Panels
- Eyebeam, "Projectionistas," Panel Discussion, New York, NY, 2013
- The New School, Artist Talk, New York, NY, 2012
Honors and Awards
- Artists in the Marketplace (AIM) 37, professional development fellowship through the Bronx Museum of the Arts, 2017.
- Selected as a Robert and Stephanie Olmsted Fellow at The Macdowell Colony for 2012.
- Elected to The MacDowell Colony Fellows Executive Committee, 2013-2019.
- Fellowship from the Jerome Foundation of St. Paul to attend the Anderson Center residency, 2012.
- Artinfo editor Ben Davis declares the #OWS Bat Signal one of the most important artworks of 2011.
- Entered into the permanent collection of the James Hotel, curated by Matthew Jensen, 2010.
- Fellowship from the BRIC Rotunda Gallery Video program, Brooklyn, New York, 2009.
- Entered into the private collection of Peter Surace, RARE Gallery (owner) , 2007.
- "Tahoe Sunrise / Sky Power / Deck View" Completed Commission in Lake Tahoe, California. Sponsored by Ellen Macneale, 2006.
- Best Cinematography from the 2000 Brooklyn Film Festival for short film, "The Library."
- Honors Scholar award, New York University Commencement, 2000.
BOOKS AND CATALOGS
- Licata, Christine, Aylet Ojeda Jequín and Heather Reyes (2017). Bronx Museum of the Arts, Bronx, NY.
- Boyd, Andrew (2012). Beautiful Trouble. New York, New York: OR Books.
- Ast, Olga. (2011). Infinite Instances: Studies and Images of Time. New York, New York: Mark Batty Publisher.
- Kerr, Merrily. (2007). Impossibly Familiar Exhibition catalog. New York, New York: Fashion Institute of Technology.
ARTICLES AND REVIEWS
- Hardesty, Michelle. "OWS Signs and Banners," Critical Quarterly, Number 54.2 July, 8, 2012.
- Enns, Aiden. "Utopia Now," Geez Magazine, Spring, 2012.
- Day, Adrienne. "When Skyscrapers Are Your Screen," The New York Times, January 25, 2012.
- Davis, Ben. "A Look Back at 2011, the Year of Art and Protest," Art Info, December 20, 2011.
- Read, Mark. "The 99% Bat-Signal: A Cry from the Heart of the World," The Brooklyn Rail, December 11, 2011.
- Tsui, Bonnie. "Art in Residence: The James New York," Phaidon Blog, February 28, 2011.
- Snider, Sarah. "21st Century Pastoral: The Blithedale Romance at Chashama 42nd Street Gallery," Urban Omnibus (Architecture League of New York Blog), February 22nd, 2011.
- Cardwell, Diane. "The Hotel as Art Gallery," The New York Times, August 30, 2010.
- Moynihan, Colin. "A Battle, on Billboards, of Ads vs. Art," The New York Times, October 25, 2009.
- Sapienza, Jeremy. "Bushwick Open Studios Preview: Open Ground," Bushwick BK (Culture Blog), June 6, 2008.
- Carlson, Jen. "Reverend Billy Free From Charges," Gothamist, November 15, 2007.
- Lanz-Frolio, Laura. "An Artist's Getaway," The Ithaca Times, August 22, 2007.
- Zjawinski, Sonja. "Geek Art Takes Over New York," Underwire (Wired Magazine Blog), April 25, 2007.
- Yu, Tim. "Impossibly Familiar," Cool Hunting (Culture Blog), April 26, 2007.
- Manley, Jennifer. "Ruminations On Replication--'Repeat After Me' Opens At Flux Factory," The Queens Chronicle, January 12, 2006.
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY. Summer 2017
- Studied woodworking and metal working.
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY. Spring 2009-Spring 2010
- Received nine credits of Art History.
The New School, New York, NY. Fall 2008
- Studied with teacher and artist Peter Garflied in self-directed, studio critique class.
Kathy Caraccio Studio, New York, NY. November 2004
- Studied archival adhesives and application-strategies in the production of fine art.
Mara Kurtz, New York, NY. November 2003
- Studied collage technique and methodology at the Open Center.
New York University, New York, NY. Fall 1996-Spring 2000
- Earned a BFA in Film and Television at the Tisch School of the Arts.